The Taves Family Farms Applebarn in Abbotsford, B.C. is gearing up to re-open for its 25th year, welcoming back children and families from across the Lower Mainland.
While the doors officially open Aug. 14, anniversary celebrations take place on the weekend of Sept. 12-13 with 25% off guest admissions, entertainment, free pumpkins, and much more!
For 25 years, guests have come to the Applebarn for a family-fun experience that reminds them of days gone by. In more recent years, the local food movement has also increased interest for people to see where their food comes from. Parents bring their kids, friends and family pick apples together, students participate in field trips and colleagues take a break from their busy work lives.
“We are honoured to be celebrating our 25th anniversary this fall,” says Loren and Corinne Taves.
When we started the Applebarn, we simply wanted to invite the community of Abbotsford to visit our farm, but now we see families travel from all across the Lower Mainland who have made our farm part of their annual fall traditions. It’s incredible to see how our little backyard sales stand has grown into a huge fall festivity that so many people can enjoy. To thank our guests, we are offering reduced admissions and a birthday celebration to remember. We invite everyone to come out to the Applebarn and experience a ‘taste of the country’”.
Apple Barn Attractions
· Picking your own apples right off the trees (U-pick)
· Choosing the perfect pumpkin in the Pumpkin Patch
· Tackling the challenging Corn Quest Maze
· Bouncing on a hay ride or zip-lining through the barn
· Petting farm animals, feeding goats, and riding ponies
· Playing together on a massive air-inflated jumping pillow
· Blasting corn guns and pumpkins cannons
· Learning about how bees make honey
· Tasting freshly pressed Apple Cider
· Experiencing the local food movement
The Applebarn is located at 333 Gladwin Road in Abbotsford. For more information, visit www.tavesfamilyfarms.com and follow the Applebarn on Facebook @tavesfamilyfarms and Twitter and Instagram @tavesfarms.