Get ready to celebrate #SurreyCanada150 with a NEW two day festival at the Historic Stewart Farm July 1-2. Party like it’s 1899 at this throwback event reviving Dominion Days. It is the largest, most action packed event Historic Stewart Farm has ever planned.
Bring your noisemakers for a calithumpian parade celebrating Canadian pride. The free, all ages, family event goes from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and will feature:
- Food Trucks:
Saturday, July 1 O’Canadawg and U’scream I’scream
Sunday, July 2 Taters the Baked Potato Co.
- Sunday, July 2 evening local singer/songwriter Ranj Singh
- Story time and roaming entertainment by Zox of the Forest
- Performances by Surrey International Folk Dancers and Surrey Square Wheelers dance group
- Candy bags from Dipsy Doodle Creations candy cart
- The “Beat the Bucket” dunk tank game
- Prizes for old time carnival games and lawn game competitions
- Guided nature walks through Elgin Heritage Park courtesy of Urban Forestry
- A period costume pioneer selfie station
- The Surrey Archives booth will have a “Then and Now” spin the wheel game about Surrey’s past
- Heritage demos and spinning demos with Peace Arch Weavers and Spinners
For more information, visit www.surrey.ca.