Family Day 2015 is just around the corner, have you decided how you’ll spend the new(ish) statutory holiday?
Sure, you could spend the day in your pj’s watching Netflix and eating popcorn — of course, there’s nothing wrong with that. But for those living in the Fraser Valley or visiting the area, there’s plenty of fun for all ages to entice you to get dressed and enjoy all that ‘the Valley’ has to offer.
From live music, arts & crafts to some big events, here’s our ultimate guide to Family Day in the Fraser Valley.
The First Annual Fraser Valley Family Day is a super fun family event with lots of activities for all members of the family. It is also a fundraising event for some wonderful charities. The event to be held as follows:
- Date: Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Time: 10am to 5pm (Rain or Shine)
- Place: At the Langley Event Center (indoor field house)
*Admission is by donation with proceeds going to our three sponsored charities.
This is a community event for people of all ages featuring tons of fun activities for kids and adults. Some of the events include:
- Live music by CANNERY ROW!
- Face painting by The Doodle Girls
- Interactive Photo Booth by Leona Winrob of TapSnap
- Bouncy castle
- Visits from local professional athletes from The BC Lions and The Stealth
- Sumo Wrestling Suits
- LAPS Adoption Team
- Game Ready Sports Activities
- and lots more…
Families, come to Willlowbrook Shopping Centre’s World Play Day on February 9! This indoor, kid-friendly event will feature fun multiculturalism activities, demonstrations, and exhibits. Highlights include:
• Entertainment Zone – Featuring dance, music, and sports demonstrations from cultures across the world like Highland dancing, Karate, and African storytelling.
• Arts & Craft Zone – Come learn how to make African necklace crafts, totem poles from popsicle sticks, flag magnets, and other fun international arts and crafts.
• LEGO Zone – LEGO Certified Professional, Robin Sather, will create a giant LEGO globe. Help decorate it with LEGO landmarks and flags of the world’s nations!
• Exhibitors – Learn about various cultures at exhibits throughout the centre.
• Flavours of the World – Try a variety of foods from around the world; retailer specials available.
• Contest – The first 500 children to complete Willowbrook’s event passport will receive a goodie bag and all children’s passport entries will be entered for a chance to win a fabulous kid’s prize package.
Full contest rules on-site. For more information, visit www.shopwillowbrook.com.
Date: Feb. 9
Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Place: Willowbrook Shopping Centre
Have you had a chance to check out the new Cloverale Recreation Centre yet? If not, here’s a great excuse.There will be loads of free activities, music, crafts and more.
Time: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Place: Cloverdale Recreation Centre, 6188 – 176 Street
* Free admission
Stop by Highstreet on Family Day for crafts by Oui Entertain and a live performance by award winning Charlotte Diamond!
Date: Feb. 9
Time: 1-2 p.m in. Crafts from 12-3PM by Oui Entertain.
Place: Fraser Valley HighStreet Central Plaza
And there you have it Valleyites, 6 fun-tastic things to do here in the Fraser Valley for Family Day 2015. Don’t forget to check your local recreation guide – there are plenty of free drop-in programs being offered to celebrate the holiday. And for even more ideas, take a peek at our recent blog post about things to do in the Fraser Valley on a rainy day. If there’s anything we’ve missed, just let us know below!