Family Equestrian Event Coming to Thunderbird
Olympic athletes, face painting and pony rides, oh my!
How about one that’s affordable, offers something for everyone in your clan, is set in the beautiful scenic country-side and is a one-time window into the world of a fascinating Olympic sport?
Hurry, grab your calendar and pencil in the FEI Nations Cup at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley on June 3rd – the first-ever locally hosted international horse jumping competition.
Canadian Olympians and other top athletes from Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Ireland and Belgium will come together to compete for their country’s chance to compete at the international equestrian championship later this year.
Team Canada will feature local athlete and Canadian Olympian Tiffany Foster and Olympic gold medalist Eric Lamaze. Foster, originally from North Vancouver, was Canada’s youngest equestrian competitor at the 2012 Olympic Games.
In addition to the equestrian competition, there will be live music, pony rides and face painting for the kiddies, a beer garden for us parched adults, food trucks, concession and much more!
Want to save money? Attendees are more than welcome to bring a picnic dinner to enjoy on the grounds.
If you haven’t visited Thunderbird yet, this is a fabulous opportunity to become acquainted. Us Valleyties are so lucky to live so close to such an incredible world class equestrian facility.
- Horse jumping is the only Olympic sport where men and women compete equally
- Chance to watch Olympic athletes in action
- Cheer on local athlete Tiffany Foster
- Exciting and rare opportunity to see horses jump 1.5 to 1.6 metres high
- Find out if a horse could jump the height and width of a car
- Ability to meet the horses and riders after the competition
- Stadium seating available for easy viewing of the entire course
- Live music by local band
- Pony rides and face painting for the kids
- Beer garden for the adults
- Summer evening in the country
- Enjoy dinner from the concession or food trucks on site or bring a picnic dinner.
- Limited availability VIP tickets include sit-down dinner, course tour, and meet and greet with riders.
FEI Nations Cup
Where: Thunderbird Show Park
Location: 24550-72nd Ave, Langley, BC (just minutes off of Highway 1)
Date: June 3, 2016
Cost: $10 Car Pass (includes parking, admission for general non-reserved bleacher or grass seating); $20 Reserved Seating (includes parking, covered reserved seating)
Hope to see you there in your big floppy hat and this amazing summer event in the country.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post from Thunderbird Show Park.