Don’t miss the big Canada 150 celebration happening this summer in South Surrey at the Historic Stewart Farm.
From July 1-2, the iconic Valley landmark is throwing a big blast to the past in honour of our country’s birthday — the Dominion Days Festival.
This free, two-day bash is the largest, most action-packed event the Historic Stewart Farm has planned to date.
Bring your noisemakers for a calithumpian parade celebrating Canadian pride. This all ages, family event goes from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and will feature:
- Food Trucks:
Saturday, July 1 O’Canadawg and U’scream I’scream
Sunday, July 2 Taters the Baked Potato Co.
- Sunday, July 2 evening local singer/songwriter Ranj Singh
- Story time and roaming entertainment by Zox of the Forest
- Performances by Surrey International Folk Dancers and Surrey Square Wheelers dance group
- Candy bags from Dipsy Doodle Creations candy cart
- The “Beat the Bucket” dunk tank game
- Prizes for old time carnival games and lawn game competitions
- Guided nature walks through Elgin Heritage Park courtesy of Urban Forestry
- A period costume pioneer selfie station
- The Surrey Archives booth will have a “Then and Now” spin the wheel game about Surrey’s past
- Heritage demos and spinning demos with Peace Arch Weavers and Spinners
Skip the parking worries and take a free shuttle from one of the following three locations.
- Elgin Hall: 14520 Crescent Road
- Crescent Park Tennis Courts: 2440 128 Street
- South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre: 14601 20 Avenue
We always enjoying visiting the Historic Stewart Farm and look forward to attending this fun family event (Read all about our last visit HERE).
For more information, visit www.surrey.ca.
Valleymom.ca is pleased to partner with the Historic Stewart Farm to giveaway lunch for 4 at any of the Dominion Day Festival Food trucks during this event. To enter, tell us in the comment section below what makes you proud to be Canadian. Contest closes June 25th at midnight. Good luck
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post